I am writing this because myself & thousands of other families have been extorted by my landlord.

Invitation Homes is the name of the corporation in which I am referring to. They seem to operate under a variety of different names, ie SRPS LP, Waypoint Homes, Starwood Homes, Blackstone, Stephen Schwarzman, but I have yet to see the most accurate name for them, Extortion Homes.

I didn't know any better, I was afraid, & have my fiance in medical crisis with a life threatening medical emergency turned medical condition, so I responded by paying their demands to keep a roof over my childrens heads. I was told by Invitation Homes that they would be crediting some of the over payments I made, at their demand, but now they are refusing, changing amounts, & refusing to accept my rent payment while threatening eviction. We had a prior unlawful detainer case last month, which they dismissed after charging me $915 to dismiss. Now they are saying I did not pay this $915 dismissal fee.

The reason they filed for eviction in the first place is because they refused to accept my rent without me paying $200 for a cracked pipe repair, which was cracked cast iron, underneath the cement slab. The repair of this cracked cast iron pipe is the responsiblity of the owners, Invitation Homes. They are part owners of over 82,500 homes across the country, along with investors they have roped in by having all of this revenue on paper, that they extorted from the tenants of these homes. They have made a $350 million donation to MIT recently, which I believe was made possible because of their business practice of extorting tenants.

Invitation Homes has a 33% eviction rate, not because tenants are not paying their rent, but because they are not able to comply with the extortion demands of Invitation Homes. This is not the first time they have done this to me either. They pulled a similar scheme on me a year ago, only charging me a $721 eviction cancellation fee that time. This most recent time they first demanded $1765, which I have in writing, but "gave me a deal" as they said & cut the fee down to $915. This, along with unjustifiably raising the rent by almost $200/month every year, is how they make their money. There is a class action lawsuit against this rental company for illegal fee stacking.

I reported them to the FBI to get a federal RICO investigation launched against Invitation Homes, INVH on the stock exchange.

Stay away, far, far away !!!

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Dec 07.

Comments